- Enable the Trust to understand the current workforce position including their SIP, Establishment, vacancy rates, worked FTEs over time and turnover by staff groups
- Support the region in their aim of shaping care together
- Assess the risk now, and using projections and benchmarks, around their workforce when it comes to services.
What we did
- We collated and analysed all local sources of data, carefully working through reconciling leger and ESR into comprehensive data view of the entire workforce of the hospital.
- We used national data and created mapping, analysed the position against high performing peers to underpin any significant gaps.
- We gave a forecasted position using this alongside HEE growth projections, as part of a heat map approach and then dovetailed this with local risk assessments and engagement to form a rounded view of workforce risk
- Published a detailed report, by service area, detailing the above and making recommendations for how the risk areas might be approached.
- The report was used across the area to form the basis for conversations regarding the staff profiles in at risk areas
- Led to a larger review, including activity and estates modelling, so that those workforce findings could be correlated with overall risk and solutions
- The adoption of different role types and staffing models to underpin some of the more challenged areas across the hospital
Get in touch
Contact us to discuss your challenges
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can support you in addressing your challenges.
Complete our simple form and we’ll call you right back, alternatively just email: