Our Commercial team’s four main services are:
- Organisational and system wide commercial advisory
- Strategic procurement in support of accountable care
- Commercial cost reduction through competition, spend analysis and efficient category/supply chain management
- Embedded procurement services.
Attain’s aim is to deliver the best commercial intervention for its clients whilst also focusing on how interventions can have a positive impact on patients and service users. Members of the team are currently working on a number of accountable care programmes to deliver new and innovative financial and contractual solutions. Although Attain’s team has extensive health experience, a majority of the team have commercial experience from the private sector with large corporate organisations.
Our team is made up of experienced commercial advisors, health and care procurement managers and contract managers who have the passion, experience and abilities to work creatively with clients delivering commercial interventions with meaningful outcomes whilst improving efficiencies across the public sector. Our team have the experience and abilities to work proactively with clients such as Clinical Commissioning Groups, local authorities and providers.
The depth and range of experience in the Commercial team means that we are able to forge strong relationships with our clients whereby we have a deep understanding of their business and their requirements in order to help our clients achieve their objectives. We can deliver a service to clients as their trusted strategic commercial advisers, helping them to navigate towards delivery of new models of care, providing a full range of commercial, procurement and contract management solutions. Our commercial services offer includes:
- Strategic commercial advice for the development of new models of care at either an organisational or system wide level, underpinned by rigorous contracting advice
- Development of commercial strategies to inform new ways of working with a system wide perspective, such as, back office efficiencies
- Providing commercial rigour to underpin decisions on the most effective route to market, including collaborative or competitive options
- Co-production of meaningful outcome measures and local KPIs (in partnership with clients and service users)
- Embedded procurement, category management and contract management delivery
- Development of robust contracts and governance for effective performance management
- Developing new payment methodologies and providing advice around the development of capitation models
- Contract mobilisation project management with advanced negotiation skills to reach agreements that benefit the population and find the best solution for the health and care economy
- Commercial rigour to effectively define, deliver and measure value for money and improvement of care, via delivery of Quality Innovation Productivity and Prevention (QIPP) and Cost Improvement Plan (CIP) schemes
Our highly experienced and adaptable team has a combined track record of delivering in excess of 600 health and care service interventions using our commercial approach. We build strategic relationships between providers and commissioners to deliver meaningful outcomes, delivering long term sustainability and high quality services for the populations we serve.
When competition is not the most appropriate mechanism to transform care, Attain differentiates its delivery style by managing processes which are lean, effective and proportionate, and fully engages both commissioners and providers to deliver a positive commercial experience. Our team possess in-depth experience in contracting within the NHS, for both acute services and those for out of hospital. We have a track record of working across the commissioner and provider landscape to negotiate and complete multiple contracts, payment mechanisms, within local and national timescales.
Our approach is underpinned by our Commercial Assurance Toolkit which provides our team with the resources they require to ensure they are at the forefront of system related issues and legal guidance. The high level graphic shown at the top right hand corner of this page summarises our Commercial Assurance Toolkit. (Click to expand)