East Berkshire autism and attention deficit disorder (ADHD) pathway implementation
East Berkshire CCG
Initially Attain was commissioned to carry out a review of autism and ADHD services in East Berkshire for all ages, which also included developing a new service model and a service transformation plan.
Following the production of the final review report the CCG commissioned Attain to begin to implement the new pathway changes.
Attain’s objectives were to:
- Lead the CCG and partners through the first two phases of implementing the new care pathways
- With local providers and partners, carry out a process review (of diagnostic pathways) to improve the efficient use of system resources and positive experience of service users and their families/carers
- Review and map all autism and ADHD training for key workers/parent carers/service users and to move to a more coordinated approach for this
What we did
- Carried out a baseline assessment of the NICE autism and ADHD guidlines for each service area and created actions plans where there were gaps
- With the service leads, we created service process maps identified hotspot area for improvement
- Created service improvement plans for each service area
- Developed a demand and capacity workforce model for all service areas and modelled future workforce needs
- Mapped all training available for professionals, service users parents and carers
- Validated the information and collected views on what the future training and support should look like
- Co-designed an early support service specification
- A task and finish group which met bi-weekly for the life of the project
- A communication plan and website page developed
- An easy read version of the report from phase one developed
- NICE guidlines action plan for autism 0-19, adults autism and all age ADHD
- Process maps for each service area together with actions plans to address hotspot area for improvement.
- A workforce modelling tool and summary report outlining resources required for the future
- A training guide for professionals outlining all training currently available
- An early help service specification
East Berkshire CCG continue to drive the delivery of improved ADHD and autism services and support for its community.
Contact us to discuss your challenges
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can support you in addressing your challenges.
Complete our simple form and we’ll call you right back, alternatively just email: